The mission of InFocus is to promote and exhibit innovative, thoughtful, and provocative photography created by Canada’s contemporary image makers.
The call for submissions is open to professionals, armatures and students alike. We want to see forward thinking photography that capitalizes on the strengths and subtleties of the medium and takes image-making to a new level.
The goal is to exhibit the best photography from the country!
Here are 15 reasons you should submit to InFocus:
2. Your work will be featured in Exposure Photography Festival, a critical festival of photography in the country.
4. PhotoEd Magazine will be publishing a feature on InFocus and you could see one of your images included in the spread.
5. Sell your work during InFocus. The gallery and InFocus Team will encourage art patrons to support photographers and our creative community in this way.
6. Become a part of the InFocus Alumni and network with other photographers and professionals during exhibit and afterwards.
7. Snatch up a volunteer opportunity with InFocus Exhibit 2017 to gain experience mounting and running an exhibition. Email Alexis Marie to find out how to help email@example.com
8. Add this noteworthy exhibition to help grow your creative CV.
9. Attend a rockin’ reception party on Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 6-9pm with live music and yummy snacks (and invite your family and friends!).
10. Have your work discussed for its merits and inclusion in the show by curator Alexis Marie Chute. This takes place during the Curator Talk on Thursday, February 9 at 7pm in the gallery.
11. Immerse yourself in photography, discover other image-makers from across the country, learn from them AND take your own work to the next level.
12. Each photographer’s Artist Statement and CV will be displayed at the exhibit to educate the visitors about your work.
13. Have something cool to talk about on Facebook and Twitter other than what you had for breakfast (although we’re sure it was delicious!).
14. Take advantage of InFocus’s national platform to bring more attention to your hard work.
15. Finally, just like the InFocus theme (THE FUTURE), your participation in InFocus will set you apart as a noteworthy photographer to watch.
Submit to InFocus Photo Exhibit by clicking here. Deadline October 31, 2015!
Follow InFocus Photo on Twitter.